The Poppie is one of my favourite species. She is likely to be discovered in Rondebosch in a tight dress and high heels on UCT’s main campus. And let it be known, that if she is your choice of clique, you are bound to a life of glamour. You will dance to David Guetta and smile at the R60 cover fee at Tiger Tiger. This is how you do it.
- Own at least three wardrobes
- Get hair-extenstions that flow all the way down to your breasts
- Manicure those nails
- Date a guy who studied BComm
- Sip only on cocktails and Smirnoff Spins
- Invest in self-tan if you’re light of shade
- Shop at Zara
- Read Cosmopolitan
- Party in Claremont
- Become an expert with a GHD
- Preferably study a Marketing degree
- Be familiar with the characters of Jersey Shore
- Develop an appreciation for Justin Bieber
And there you go. Cape Town’s very own Poppie. Not hard to achieve. Just a drag to maintain.